Saturday, June 17, 2017

Fourth of July Decor with ADORNit!

As time is just flying by I figured I might as well try to be a little ahead of the game.  Every year I wish I had a little more 4th of July decor, but the holiday seems to always sneak up on me and catch me by surprise and without any new decor.  But not this year folks!  I've already created a cute sign that I can't wait to hang up!  With a mix of an ADORNit Bare Wood Plaque, one of their Watercolor Coloring Book Minis, paint, and glitter I was good to go...




Isn't it just so fun?!  I love how quickly I was able to put this together.  To create this decor piece I painted the whole front of the plaque with white paint.  Once this was dry I used washi tape to mask off some stripes.  I then went over the stripes with red paint and left this to dry.  While this was drying I began watercoloring the sweet July Calendar Girl page.  Next, I went over the plaque with some glitter and a star stencil.  The edges were painted with blue, and once again set off to the side to dry.  After everything was set I was able to glue on a ribbon for hanging and viola!



I hope I've inspired you a little with what you can do with a blank canvas!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, this is so beautiful! Love the folksy charm of it!!!

Sandy said...

I love it!!!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS